Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Keep it Covered

Good morning :)

So there is something a made the other day that I'd like to post. Its a little buttoned cover that can be used for many things but I made to keep personal items personal. I really was in the mood just to sit down with a thread and a needle to sew so as much of it as I could, I did by hand.

In order to make this I hand basted the materials in place before machine sewing them. I slip stitched the cover closed, I used a blanket stitch to close the pouch and do a decorative trim around the flap, I hand made a button hole with a button hole stitch and then finished by adding a button. It was more time consuming then if I had used my machine but it's fun doing small projects well. For a more indepth how-to please see my CO+K


No comments:

Post a Comment