Saturday, August 11, 2012

It is time.

It seems I've been on a fashion kick recently. I apologize if its getting boring, but I just have to share: It's time...

                                       .....to get my purse.

Yesterday was my first payday for my first "real" job, and my boyfriend and I told each other when we get our first pay checks he will get a nice watch and I will get a nice purse. I've never bought a purse that was more then $30 and I really feel like its time for me to get a nice, good quality purse so a chunk of my first paycheck is going to a Fossil purse.

You can ask anyone, I've been talking about getting a Fossil purse for at least 4 years now. I've always put it off while I was in school because I just couldn't justify the cost, but my love for their vintage style and amazing quality leather has not faded a bit. However, I'm not someone who get purses very often but when I do I'm very particular, so finding the right one this season required some waiting. Now that the fall catalog is out I've found the perfect bag, the only problem is I can't decide what color to get!

The bag is from Fossil's Maddox collection and is a medium sized satchel style purse with a detachable shoulder strap. The color is called "pecan" and is paired with a with a soft light brown leather. The print is a pretty lattice work that has become their signature, it is stylish but doesn't scream "BRAND" like other purses do. The over sized key purse charm is, well, charming! And the size is PERFECT, this one is truly medium sized with a few inner pockets to hold my phone and ipod. I love this bag especially the color....



The problem is this purse also comes in another color. The color is classified as "black/brown" and is trimmed in a dark brown leather. It's the same style and print but I just don't like the black as much as I like the pecan. I wouldn't mind it as much if the leather was light brown but its just very dark. The thing is, I know its more practical. The black will carry well into the fall and winter months and the black/brown combination makes it very versatile to fit with any outfit.

So which do I choose? Do I go with my heart and then be angry with myself when I can't use it in the winter? Or do I go with my head but be disappointed because I settled?

Either way I know they are both gorgeous bags that I'm grateful for having the opportunity to buy. I have a feeling that I wont know which one I'll get until I'm right at the check out counter.




Update

I got the pecan and I could not be happier :D 
oh.... and I also got the matching wallet.
 
Small Black Heart Clip Art
 

1 comment:

  1. I love Fossil! I bought myself a new wallet last summer, and I'm still so happy with it!
    On my first payday, I also want to get a nice purse from them :D

    ReplyDelete