Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sports and Shoes

There are only 3 times I will watch anything sports related:

1) Despite what my boyfriend says I do enjoy and watch the Olympics 2) World / Euro Cup, I'm sorry that's just a good time and 3) Giants baseball. I will be addressing the third....

Melky Cabrera  has been thrown out for the remainder of the season for testing for high levels of testosterone and I - am heart broken. I don't pretend to know a lot about baseball but I can say confident that we all felt a rush with Cabrera that we had been missing most the season. With Panda constantly out with injury for one thing or another, Wilson out with Tommy John surgury, Romo needing constant rest, Timmy and Zito failing the bulk of the team has been supported by Cain's perfect pitching and the dependability of players like Posey, Blanco, Pagan and Belt. They were keeping us alive but Melky was taking us all the way.... A good defense has always been at the center of the Giants but for once we had an offense that was just killing it.

And then the news broke and every Giants fan was simultaneously pissed and disappointed. I know people are comparing him to a thief stealing millions (which is true) but I see it more as a cheating an ex. He presents himself with a lie, makes us all fall in love and when the truth comes out you're angry, hurt, miss him and never want to see him again - and that's just what the Giants will do... there will be no resigning after this.


The big question now is, will there be hope for the post season? Well that all depends. It's time for everyone to step up and show 'em how a real Giant plays. Pagan, Scutaro, Posey and now Pence have all been answering the call the last few games against the Padres and keeping the dream alive but if we're really going to pull away from LA in the national west we are going to have to nail every single game. I'll still be routing for all our misfits .....

Switching topics to something crafty:

I've had my eyes on this CO+K project for some time

Completed Project: Batman! Comic Book Flats. Picture #1
They're Batman Comic Book Flats. Using classic comics, some mod podge and old flats this crafty girl has come up with some pretty amazing shoes. I went to my local comic book shop and picked out some comics from the $.25 box. I can't bring myself to cut up a perfectly good comic but the damaged ones can at least be re-purposed into something cool. When I'm done with mine I'm also going to cover some old vans for my boyfriend, though I have a feeling he's going to choose X-Men comics over Batman.

No comments:

Post a Comment