Sunday, August 5, 2012

One Week

Well,

I have now been at my new job one week. I like it.

I like how professional the company is, I like that its challenging enough that its not boring and time does seem to go buy quickly enough while I'm there. The only problem I have is that I feel like I have no time... I keep telling people I got spoiled with a "summer break" after graduating and working only part time. Now I've moved straight into full time (I know, boo-hoo me) and I'm just getting used to it. Its nice not having to split my time between two jobs and full time school anymore which got overwhelming but the only down side is I have no break from one continuous job. I feel like I have no time in the evenings... I go straight from work to taking care of things I wasn't able to do during the day to bed... but having weekends off (which is something I haven't had since high school) is really nice.

Today I went shopping for some work tops... I had previously only had enough money to invest in one weeks worth before actually getting a job. Now that I have it I'm going to start building up my work wardrobe. I find that I have an obsession with chiffon tops. I don't know why I just think they always look very nice and can take everyday wear much better then knits. It also works well for our upcoming fall weather (which is cold in the mornings and hot in the afternoons), long sleeves in lightweight material can pass in any sort of weather. I should be happy because chiffon is very much in this season but it's not making for much variety in my clothes. I've really been surprised where my shopping bouts have taken me. For the last few years I've likes places like Forever XXI and Love Culture but  now that I'm looking for work wear the quality and the styles just don't cut it. Now I'm shopping at places like New York and Co. and The Limited, which in the past I thought was boring but now I can appreciate. There are still some younger, trendier places like Urban Outfitters and H&M that I seem to find a happy medium in but to be honest I'm really enjoying... well... looking nice. For years now I've been dressing like a slob, mostly because I didn't have the money to invest in anything else, now that I'm older and starting a real job I love looking put together in clean basics and chic tops. I'm even consistently putting on make-up, something I've missed doing but never cared enough to spend time on. I just feel... like its about time. At first I was sad when I thought "oh, that's not something I can where any more" but the more I look, the more I don't miss the cheap super trendy pieces that just don't suit the life style I want to have. I'm ready to start taking charge of my life, and I'm ready to look like I do.

So here's one of the tops I got today. By far a big splurg (at $46.90) but it was something I was eying online and when the crafty but super nice sales associate brought it to me in the dressing room to try on I was hooked.

Faux-Collar Blouse

Its a pretty, basic white blouse with a faux peter pan color blocked collar and sleeves. 
Its the simple feminine details like that, that makes a top special.













Ponte Belted Shell

To off set the unexpected cost I also got this cute purple pendulum top for a steal at $16.99!
The shape is very flattering and the skinny waist belt was included.














While my summer style has been filled with the softest pinks and, uncharacteristically for me, nudes,  I've already decided my color for this fall is going to be a very rich burgundy color. I'm not sure if that will be a the new color for the season but it will definitely be a personal trend. So stay tuned for more! In the mean time I want to switch topics and complete this blog with a small nod to nails. 

I love a colored nail, but to me the cleanest and best way to wear polish is with a classic french tip. I hate fake nails which are costly and always look like what they are... fake. French tip looks the most natural while showing off your nails at their best and Sally Hanson has the best french tip kit I've come across.  It comes with a great crisp white, a very shear nude and a protective clear polish and the set is completed with nail strips to block off a perfect, slightly curved tip. The results are very nice and usually last a week, but with my new job that doesn't involve shlepping boxed, I'm expecting them to last even long.


I'd like for my next post to be about my family, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes. Hopefully I can talk on here without offending anyone or hurting any feelings... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment